Help us train the next generation of farmers and expand our offerings by making a tax-deductible contribution today to the School of Adaptive Agriculture. Your support will help the school continue to build capacity and increase our reach. Together we will have a greater impact on our local food system and economy in the years to come.
School of Adaptive Agriculture 2018 Projects
The School of Adaptive Agriculture will launch its 4th year of programs in 2018, including 2 three month sessions of intensive practice and instruction in the science, art and business of producing food and a year-round workshop series. Central to both educational efforts is our working farm (market garden, orchard, flock of sheep & laying hens). In 2018 we would like to expand in the following ways:
- Build a new classroom in the market garden
- Build a new straw bale cold storage room (to keep harvested produce fresh)
- Expand our capstone mentorship project
- Hold our first ever 2 week Holistic Health Agriculture Program
- Hold a HMI multi-day workshop (continuing ed workshop for farmers)
- Hold a Lean Farm workshop (continuing ed workshop for farmers)
- Hold the annual North Coast Farmers Convergence (continuing ed workshop for farmers)
- Upgrade our student cabins
- Renovate the student classroom
- Expand our livestock program
Contribute to our Success
Please note that you do not need to have a PayPal account to make a donation to the School of Adaptive Agriculture. PayPal has a non-profit donation feature that allows you to use a credit or debit card to make a donation to our school without a PayPal account. After clicking the ‘Contribute Today’ button above, you will be directed to a window asking whether you would like to use a credit/debit card or a PayPal account to make your donation today and then you’ll be directed to a simple donation form. Please be assured that your online donation transactions are secure and we will never share or sell your private information.
All contributions will be gratefully acknowledged and are deductible to the extent recognized by law. NCO is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501c3 charitable nonprofit, and is also a registered California nonprofit corporation.